Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Topographic Maps


Watch, stare quizzically at the screen, and then read this post.

Okay, this class drives me nuts. Accelerated Science goes by crazy fast. We got to pick our unit project this time around, and I was one of the last ones picked so I was automatically assigned to the Hiker's Video Guide.

I have absolutely no idea what a hiker's video guide is. I still don't. Also, I didn't have a clue about filming. And I look really awkward on camera. So there were three problems with one project.

I meant to just film it as a Powerpoint and voice-over the stupid thing, but I felt bad. Because that would be called slacking. and I just don't plain slack. It's really not in my nature.


I tried filming myself, but I kept screwing up on the lines and giggling every half second. I'm not photogenic either. I figured out how to actually use a camera though, which was good.... sort of. Julie was the one moving the stuffed animals.


The result is ... this. I feel like I'm not going to do fantastic on this project compared to my regular standards since I may have not emphasized a few points as much, my grade is OK for now though so I might be fine after all. Even if I get an F on this, which shouldn't happen (at least a D+) because I got a standing ovation from my entire class for this! Apparently, stuffed animals are a HUGE hit. All the rage nowadays.

If you hate being in front of a camera, I advise stuffed animals. Apparently it worked for me.

So what about you guys? Leave a comment  telling me about your weirdest school projects, and if you want to, the grade. Because then I may feel more optimistic, or pessimistic. Whichever.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment